About the Club
Safari Club International (SCI) is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. Safari Club International Foundation (SCIF) funds worldwide programs dedicated to wildlife conservation, outdoor education, and humanitarian services.
The mission of the Golden Gate chapter of SCI is to promote the conservation, perpetuation, and the study of wildlife and natural resources throughout the world. We support SCI and SCIF, both generally and in our community. We do this through awareness, education and fellowship for hunters, conservationists, and outdoor enthusiasts in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
SCI Golden Gate chapter is committed to:
- Fund and support wildlife conservation and advocacy initiatives in the interest of hunters and conservationists
- Provide grants for Bay Area Secondary School teachers to attend the American Wilderness Leadership School
- Fund an endowment with the University of California, Berkeley Foundation established by the Golden Gate chapter to support graduate students working on wildlife management for California’s big game
- Support and promote wild game conservation and the freedom to hunt before the California and California Regulatory Agencies.
- Organize donations of wild game meat and supplies to local food banks
- Collect and donate toys for needy children during the holidays
- Hold regular membership meetings with guest speakers to inform and educate our members
- Organize fellowship events including hunts, target shoots, and our annual fundraiser to support SCI, SCIF, and these local activities
- Carry out other activities and initiatives at the direction of the board of directors when we meet for “Regular” meetings
When we meet for “Regular” meetings
The third Wednesday of each month is generally reserved for chapter meetings, and we generally meet on this day in February, March, April, May, June, August, and November. This takes place at a restaurant where we have dinner and generally feature speakers on a topic of interest to our members.
Special events held or hosted each year
- Chapter fundraising banquet and auction on the first Saturday in March
- Chukar hunting in November
- Christmas party in early December
Our code of ethics
Recognizing our responsibilities to wildlife, habitat, and future generations, we pledge:
- To conduct ourselves in the field to make a positive contribution to wildlife and ecosystems
- To improve our skills as woodsmen and marksmen to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife
- To comply with all game laws, in the spirit of fair chase, and to influence our companions accordingly
- To accept our responsibility to provide assistance to game law enforcement officers
- To waste no opportunity to teach young people the full meeting of the code of ethics
To reflect in word and behavior only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitats, and property where we are privileged to hunt.
The Golden Gate Chapter of Safari Club International is a registered IRS 501(c)(3) organization